RSVP builds on the success stories of two Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnerships for VET VISConti (2014-2016) and UPPScience (2016-2019 still ongoing ) that started up a Community of Practice for players in education, training and industry who are not usually engaged in research into research. The two projects also set up a state of the art digital platform to enable members of the CoP to publish mini research papers after peer review.
RSVP will engage at least 40 different youth leaders and educators to become part of the Community of Practice and active members on its platform so that they can engage in a process that will up their professional profile and social status of their respective organisations. The process will see them engaging in research and publishing of mini research papers on the top 10 skills that employers will be watching out for when taking on new employees in 2025 as identified by a report of the World Economic Forum called "The Future of Jobs" (January 2016).
The steps that the 40 youth leaders and educators will follow is an onward upwards process are:
- they will read research about one of these 10 skills (4 papers about each skill),
- publish a summary of the research they read (to encourage the reading of research through reading with a purpose),
- engage in field research interacting with stakeholders in education, youth, employment, industry and policy to sustain or gain further insight into the findings of the research they will have read,
- 28 of the youth leaders will take part in training activities in which they will receive training in research process, referencing and writing to be published and
- submit their mini research papers on the CoP platform for peer review by at least two other members of the CoP.
This process will be monitored and mentored by 8 Ambassadors of Change that each partner will appoint to support the adoption of the new research culture in the partner organisations.